Here’s a rundown of words I use to describe myself:
1. Christ follower.
2. Wife to a wonderful, loving husband.
3. Mother to one of the most adorable and sweetest little boys that I have ever met. (Of course, I might be a bit biased here!)
4. Creative Rebel. What?!? You don’t know what that is? Well, I used to be into sewing clothes and knitting, but my outlets for creativity have evolved over the years. While I still enjoy working with textiles, I prefer to use my creativity in a more digital sense – working on website and graphic design.
5. Entrepreneur. Been there, tried that. Over they years, I have had several businesses, including one that was quite successful and I was able to sell my shares of at the end of 2014. I now own Red Rebel Media Group and use that creativity and business sense mentioned above to create magical spaces on the web for brands and individuals.
6. Medical Mystery. THIS is why I am here. I am a medical mystery. I’ve been to countless doctors, tried countless drugs, lost my mind, lost my patience, lost my cool and found it again.
I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism approximately 10 years ago and I’ve never really been the same sense. My dosage of Synthroid kept increasing, and increasing throughout the years until I finally hit a wall. A wall that would no longer respond to medication and a wall that made it necessary for me to seek out medical care all over the state of Georgia, as well as beyond.
This is my life.
This blog is my story. This blog conveys my feelings, my frustrations and helps me celebrate the life that God has given me.
I sincerely hope that you follow my journey and find an understanding from the following articles and pieces that will help you identify and give grace to those with “invisible diseases.”